CPDLF is Going Red! Wear red with us on February 14th to help raise awareness for heart health. Learners and staff can share their pictures on a designated Padlet. Additionally, information about having a healthy heart can be found on the website for the American Heart Association.
Here are some quick heart facts:
- The human heart weighs less than a pound.
- The heart works twice as hard as the leg muscle of a sprinter!
- Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles! In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back! How cool is that!
- Laughing is good for your heart - so laugh often.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene can help prevent heart disease.